Solid Pneumatic Forklift tires may be better called “Pneumatic-Shaped Solid Tires.” They come in all the same sizes as the pneumatic tires except that they are solid. Solid pneumatics as with all tires come with tradeoffs.
Advantages compared to pneumatics:
- Reduced downtime on equipment
- Flat proof as they have no air
- Stability of equipment is improved
- No chance for unequal tire pressure
- Last 2 to 3 times longer than Pneumatics
- Improved safety as no rapid air loss is possible
- Improved carrying capacity
Disadvantages compared to pneumatics:
- More maintenance on equipment from harder ride
- Consume more fuel as they are harder to roll
- Driver fatigue
- Possible wheel breakage
- Need Specialized equipment to install
For help with specific questions or choosing the right tire for your application, contact us at 713-514-0000.